We Are Growing!
We are always looking for dog-walkers and pet-sitters to serve our ever-increasing list of clients who live in or near Milton, Hyde Park, Dorchester and Quincy. Because of the driving involved, we will give preference to applicants who live within our service area. We try to limit our client base to within a five or six-mile radius from our office in Milton, Massachusetts.
Dog-walking is typically done five days a week between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Occasionally, it will be necessary to walk dogs outside of that time-frame. Visits for dogs are done at the same time each day to assure continuity for the dogs. If a dog is being left home by its owner(s) for more than 12 hours and multiple visits are required on a particular day or days, the visits would be spaced out throughout the day, according to the number of visits are needed. Visits may be necessary as early as 6:00 a.m. and as late as 9:00 p.m. Visits may also be necessary during the weekends and on holidays.
Pet-sitting assignments vary depending on the needs of the clients and typically arise over weekends, holidays and school vacation periods. Therefore, applicants must be prepared to work during those times. A pet-sitter won’t be required to make every visit if he/she is unable, but we prefer to assign only one sitter to a client while they are away. Most vacation visits last between three days to three weeks.
- Walk dog(s) and pick up after them when they go to the bathroom
- Feed and give fresh water to pets
- Clean indoor pets’ cages, litter boxes, tanks, etc.
- Clean up pet accidents (vomit, diarrhea, urine)
- Bring in client’s mail and/or newspapers
- Take out client’s trash/recycling
- Water indoor and outdoor plants and gardens
- Dispense medications, if necessary to dogs and/or cats
- Document in writing a detailed description of each visit on the appropriate form or book
- It may also be necessary for a pet-sitter/dog-walker to meet with clients
- Rush an animal to a veterinarian and act accordingly should an emergency arise
- Work and drive in unfavorable conditions (rain, sleet, snow, etc.)
- Be available for last minute requests
- High school diploma
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle large dogs
- Valid driver’s license
- Own a reliable, insured vehicle ; a smart phone; and a computer with internet access
- Possess a clean driving record and criminal record
- Sharp attention to detail
- Prior experience handling pets (either through ownership or working with them)
Additional Desirable (but not Mandatory) Qualifications
- Prior professional experience with pets such as a veterinary technician, trainer, groomer, behaviorist, etc.)
- Prior experience as a pet-sitter or dog-walker
- Experience dispensing medications (pills, liquids, injections, sub-cutaneous fluids) to pets
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining our team please email your resume or letter of interest to us at email@example.com, making sure to include:
- your address
- prior experience with pets (if any)
- why you believe you qualify for the position(s) and why you think you’d be a good fit for our team
- your availability (whether you would be available to work early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays)
- whether you are looking for long-term or seasonal position
- how you heard about the position
- You must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Due to the volume of emails we receive only those who are qualified and meet the minimum requirements will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!