We Are Growing!
We are always looking for dog-walkers and pet-sitters to serve our ever-increasing list of clients who live in or near Milton, Hyde Park, Dorchester and Quincy. Because of the driving involved, we will give preference to applicants who live within our service area. We try to limit our client base to within a five or six-mile radius from our office in Milton, Massachusetts.
Dog-walking is typically done five days a week between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Occasionally, it will be necessary to walk dogs outside of that time-frame. Visits for dogs are done at the same time each day to assure continuity for the dogs. If a dog is being left home by its owner(s) for more than 12 hours and multiple visits are required on a particular day or days, the visits would be spaced out throughout the day, according to the number of visits are needed. Visits may be necessary as early as 6:00 a.m. and as late as 9:00 p.m. Visits may also be necessary during the weekends and on holidays.
Pet-sitting assignments vary depending on the needs of the clients and typically arise over weekends, holidays and school vacation periods. Therefore, applicants must be prepared to work during those times. A pet-sitter won’t be required to make every visit if he/she is unable, but we prefer to assign only one sitter to a client while they are away. Most vacation visits last between three days to three weeks.
We are always on the lookout for top-notch candidates to join the Purrfect Pet Sitting staff. If your friends call you the dog or cat “whisperer” you may be a great match for our team and we encourage you to apply. Our award winning services set us apart from the crowd and we expect our employees to share that philosophy.
If you love animals, this could very well be your dream job.
In order to apply candidates must have the following:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Own a reliable, insured vehicle
- Clean driving record
- Able to pass a criminal background check
- Cell phone with internet access
- Valid driver’s license
- Acute attention to detail
- Must be able to walk dogs, up to several miles per day.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience with pets such as a veterinary technician, dog trainer, veterinary assistant, doggie daycare handler, groomer, shelter or rescue volunteer, etc.
- Previous pet sitting experience
- Experience in giving medications to pets.
Because of the driving involved, preference will be given to applicants who live within our service area. We try to keep our sitters within a small radius of their home.
This is a part time job with a growing company. If you’re looking for a long-term career in pet care, we encourage you to apply!
- Prior professional experience with pets such as a veterinary technician, trainer, groomer, behaviorist, etc.)
- Prior experience as a pet-sitter or dog-walker
- Experience dispensing medications (pills, liquids, injections, sub-cutaneous fluids) to pets
What Exactly Does A Pet Sitter Do?
- Take dog(s) for walks, pick up after them when they go to the bathroom
- Scoop cat litter boxes
- Clean up any accidents a pet may have had (vomit, diarrhea, urine)
- Bring in client’s mail and/or newspapers
- Dispense medications, if necessary to dogs and/or cats
- Document in writing a detailed description of each visit on Daily Diary Form
- Feed and give water to pets
- Occasionally meet with clients
- Occasionally work and drive in unfavorable conditions (rain, sleet, snow, etc.)
How To Apply
If you’ve read all this, we really want to hear from you! Click here and fill out our application form.
Due to the volume of emails we receive only those who are qualified and meet the minimum requirements will be contacted.
No phone calls please!